Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Autumn Meatloaf

Paleo on-the-go can be easier at times than others. While in Stamford last week, I took a lot of heat from my coworkers about ordering the same lunch from the same restaurant three days in a row. I talked about this salad enough over the course of the week to convince some colleagues, friends, and family all to check it out. Tabouli Grill is a cute little Mediterranean restaurant in Stamford with great service and fresh, delicious food. They have had this Moroccan salad on special for the past few weeks full of seasonal ingredients. It has spiced butternut squash, beets, red peppers, avocado, sliced carrots, almonds, hard-boiled egg, and grilled chicken. I substituted the pomegranate dressing (which did sound amazing) for some olive oil and balsamic, and it was a perfect paleo meal. I highly recommend trying out the restaurant if you are in CT, and if not, whip this up yourself when you're craving a hearty salad. 

Now that I am home and back in the kitchen, I have decided to create some new fall-inspired recipes. I have always loved a good meatloaf, so I tried to get a bit creative this one. I added apples, cinnamon, and raisins for a new twist, and I loved it! I bought super jumbo raisins by mistake (no idea this was even an option), and for the record, I would recommend your typical average-sized raisins. Bigger is not always better.

Ingredients:
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1/4 onion, chopped (I got carried away and used a whole onion and can still taste it 2 days later...)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl (you are going to need to use your hands for this one)
3. Put mixture into greased loaf pan (can use coconut oil, spray, other fat of choice, or silicone loaf pan)
4. Sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top
5. Bake for about 40 minutes or until cooked through and set
6. Let sit for at least 10-15 minutes before serving 
7. Delicious with a side of sweet potatoes or squash and your favorite green vegetable!


  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment