Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Lemon Rosemary Salmon

Madness: I leave for my Dubai trip 3 weeks from tomorrow. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. I feel pretty sorry for whoever has to sit next to me on the flight over. The longest flight I've ever taken was 7 hours, so I think 14 will be interesting to say the least. I'll try to keep busy with movies, airplane yoga, paleo snacks, and hopefully some solid sleep. I watched Sex and the City 2 this past weekend, and I learned exactly what not to do while I'm there thanks to the shenanigans the girls had in Abu Dhabi. I will be full of stories (and new recipes) when I return, so get excited!

I had to share this picture on my blog. The other morning I woke up for yoga and the sun was rising and shining into my living room. That statue on the end table was my grandmother's, and it is the one thing in my apartment that I have of hers. The gorgeous sunrise created such a beautiful picture with the shadow of the statue. I felt like a little piece of my grandma was there that morning, and it was a perfect way to start the day.

Tonight's recipe is a quick and easy dish - beautifully cooked salmon in 10 minutes. You can buy some tasty wild-caught salmon frozen from Trader Joes for half the price of the fresh alternative from Whole Foods. It only takes a few extra minutes to cook, so give it a try!

Lemon Rosemary Salmon: Serves 3, Prep Time: 5 min, Cook Time: 10 min

Ingredients:
- 1 lb. fresh wild-caught salmon
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 sprig of rosemary

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to broil
2. Place salmon filets on a foil-lined cookie sheet
3. Brush very lightly with olive oil
4. Cover filets with juice from the lemon and then cover in rosemary
5. Broil for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakes with a fork

  

1 comment:

  1. I haven't bought / cooked fish in a while and I have been meaning too! Thanks for the bargain tip : )

    ReplyDelete