Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Banana Almond Flour Muffins

I haven't baked in a while thanks to my new restrictions (no nuts, no eggs), but I found this recipe that I hadn't posted and figured you all probably need a fun treat. I created this muffin recipe by tweaking my banana cake and throwing the batter in muffin tins. If you are open to nuts and eggs, these muffins are awesome - only a tiny of raw honey, and they are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast. You can add raisins, berries, nuts, or even almond butter if you want to get crazy with these. While you chow down on these, I will be brainstorming some egg-free, nut-free creations. Enjoy!

Banana Almond Flour Muffins: Serves 6, Prep time: 10 min, Bake time: 20 min

Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon 
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 Tbsp. cup organic raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large banana, mashed

- Optional add-ins: raisins, berries, chopped nuts, cocoa nibs, etc.

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and set aside
3. In a separate bowl, mix coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla
4. Mix wet ingredients until fully combined and then add the mashed bananas
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl
6. Pour batter into a greased muffin tin
7. Bake for 20 minutes - tops will be lightly browned and a toothpick should come out clean
8. Let cool and then serve topped with fresh jam, honey, coconut butter, or plain!


  

7 comments:

  1. I am going to make these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my go-to muffins! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made these...Yum! Made a double batch and added blueberries at the end. Best tasting paleo muffins by far. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THEY WERE SO GOOD! Everyone loved them. Thank you for sharing this! I wonder if I could substitute some stevia for the honey? I have a high sugar intolerance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you loved them! I never use stevia, but you can certainly give it a try. I would also try it without stevia for a less sweet treat!

      Delete
  5. I just baked these and they were delicious!!! I made them banana walnut muffins by substituting the coconut oil for walnut oil and adding in chopped walnuts to the batter. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete