Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Cinnamon Apple Onion Pork Chops

It is a cozy rainy Sunday in CT today. I was planning on planting the rest of my garden today, but it may need to wait until the rain stops. In the meantime, my carrots are growing (there are over 20 sprouting!). I don't have a solid plan for today because I was planning to celebrate winning the Powerball with my family. It looks like I will have to get back to reality, do some cooking, get some work done, and get ready for another busy week. 

Today's recipe is a sweet and savory pork chop dish. I can't even remember the last time I made pork chops, but I wanted to switch it up. I love sweet onions and fruit in absolutely everything, so this is a great dish. You could also make this type of recipe in the crockpot if you prefer, but I chose to pan sear and then bake in the oven. This is a great meal for a rainy Sunday. Hope you enjoy!

Cinnamon Apple Onion Pork Chops: Serves: 2, Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: 45 min

Ingredients:
- 2 organic pork chops (I used boneless)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 apple, chopped
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup organic vegetable broth (I used Pacific)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Heat coconut oil over medium heat
3. Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides
4. Brown the chops in the oil for about 2 minutes on each side
5. Remove chops from the pan and cover with foil
6. Add the onions to the pan with the oil
7. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes
8. Add apples and cook another 5 minutes
9. Add cinnamon and broth, bring to a boil, and then simmer for 3 minutes until reduced
10. Put chops in a baking dish topped with the apple/onion mixture
11. Bake 20-25 minutes until cooked through

    

1 comment:

  1. We did win $75. We share with believers....Brandon not included. That means you won $15!!

    ReplyDelete